Re: Thought I'd seen it all...

At 1:48 PM -0500 2/23/2000, Bill Hussey wrote:
>"T. Lowe" wrote:
>What's so great about the VR6?  It's a good engine don't get me wrong, and I
>love the sound, but much better can be had.

You make some good points about the VR6 and its competition, but I'm
simply addressing your point:

VR6 is so great because:

a) It is the best 6 cylinder engine in A3 Golf and A3 Jettas (as well
as A4's but the VR6 really came into its age during the A3 years)

b) It is the only V6 from VWAG that can fit-- in other words, what
makes it awesome is the "narrow angle" V (which is what the VR stands
for in German).

c)  Come on, 172 horses in six cylinders in our cars is exhilirating,
for a low end budget sports sedan. We have VW's for gods sake, not
BMW's, and the performance for a VW is awesome!

d) German engineering. Sure you can get similar powerplans out of
other german cars, but it's a great overall package.

So there. :-)

-Khan

Khan Klatt                                         khan@mediaaccess.com

Media Access Internet Solutions, Inc.		      888.750.0777 tel
http://www.mediaaccess.com			      425.519.3741 fax