Re: Broken Milk Jar

At 10:17 AM -0500 2/16/2000, Christiaan Filoon wrote:
>     Sunday night, the wife asked me to  run out to the local dairy to
>buy milk.   Of course I did not complain simply because I love driving
>my glx through the back mountain roads of central PA.  As I was leaving
>Myer's dairy it started to sleet.  So I decided to take the well
>traveled roads home.  Not thinking I put the Glass Milk Jars, carrying
>case and all, in the trunk.  About a half mile down the road some woman
>in a new mazda panicked in the snow which led me to jam on my brakes.
>Of course Sir Newton states: a body in motion will tend to stay in
>motion.  A glass half gallon milk jar broke in my trunk.
>
>My problem is this, I have cleaned the obvious points, tire well.
>exposed material, that protector which is placed in the trunk.  I have
>even cleaned under the rear seats, Which pull out rather easy I might
>add.
>
>Can any individual think of a spot that I might have missed, or even a
>preferred cleaner in a situation such as this.  I do not want my
>wonderful piece of machinery stinking in two weeks.
>
>Any help is greatly appreciated.
>
>Thank Much
>Chris Filoon
>95' GLX

Remove all of the contents of the trunk (including the spare tire,
etc.) and get a vacuum cleaner with a hose and attachment (use the
one with a relatively narrow end on it) and vacuum out all of the
little pieces of glass.

Next, use some dishwashing gloves (to avoid little pieces of glass
splintered in your fingers) and a semi-wet sponge to pick up any
little pieces of glass, as well as any remnants of milk.

If the milk had an opportunity to "slosh forward" you should check
under your rear seats, and mop up that area with your sponge as well.

If you want to see how well you've cleaned your car, use a fresh new
semi-wet sponge and completely wipe up every square inch of the
affected area, and hold it in front of a very  bright light to see if
there are little splinters of glass on the sponge. If so, you've
picked up more splinters, and you have some more cleaning to do until
the sponge comes back glint free.

HTH. (Hope that helps).

-Khan

Khan Klatt                                         khan@mediaaccess.com

Media Access Internet Solutions, Inc.		      888.750.0777 tel
http://www.mediaaccess.com			      425.519.3741 fax