Re: The VW Jetta GLX Mailing List Digest V4 #37

    Hey All.

    Just as a "hey, how about that" thing.

    I had the "change the brake pads stupid" light go on Friday.  Being a good little VW driver, i took it in asap, which was tonight
(Monday).

    Do you know, when that light goes off, how much brake material you have left?  It's NOT kidding.  I had about, oh, a millimetre of
materiel left on the front.  The backs were about oh, paper-thick.  :)

    I suppose what i'm basically saying is, when that light goes on, it means "change NOW", not a month from now.

    Neat safety feature, though.  For those who may not know, there's a circuit actually running THROUGH your front brake pads.  When your
brake pads wear down enough, it wears the wire away.  When this happens, your brake material is reeeeeaaaaally low.

    ANyway...  Sorry for babbling.  The little things fascinate me.

Sundie...