What Phil should do...

Yo!...

I don't want to bust on Phil (from ScottVW) too much.  I think
he is just trying to tap into the potential for interested buyers
online.  I was on this list for over a year before I bought my '98 GLX.
At the time, I was just waiting for the right car and the right price.

Phil...  I would suggest developing a "subscriber list" and asking
people if they would be interested in joining it.  This "list" would
receive updates on your dealership inventory and other updates to your
web-site.  To build interest... I would stress that your updates are
not just about selling vehicles, since your site includes much more (forums,
links, etc.).  This would reduce the amount of emails you send to the
JettaGLX mailing list (which generally has nothing to do about selling cars
off dealership lots)... and possibly help you out too.

just my .02 guys...

-Chuck...