RWD vs. AWD.

At 3:58 PM -0500 2/1/2000, Bill Hussey wrote:
>"Ng, Kevin (Bank of America Commercial Finance)" wrote:
>
>  > I originally started this thread--saying the GA's were adequate, nothing
>  > great, but adequate. But this whole RWD vs. AWD thing--sorry Bill, how can
>  > AWD (all else being equal) not help you corner better than RWD? Have you
>  > ever watched the WRC? RWD wouldn't get you past the first corner of any of
>  > those races. Getting power down to the road is paramount when cornering. As
>  > a motorcycle owner you should know that. The ONLY situation I can see a RWD
>  > keeping up with AWD in a corner is when the car has ZERO loss of grip. You
>  > don't see that situation happen too often in real life.
>
>Please don't lose sight of the fact that the ONLY thing AWD will help you out
>with is accelerating ... a properly set up performance automobile can corner
>better with RWD.  The ability to isolate the front end from the rear end is
>ESSENTIAL!!  I know that we've all seen the commercials, "The Audi A4 has such
>unbelievable traction, it was banned from racing for having an unfair
>advantage."  Then some actor says, "I'll take all the unfair advantage I can
>get!".

OK, I want to make one thing clear, because I'm not angry and I'm not shouting:

BILL WAKE UP MAN, NOT EVERYONE DRIVES ON THE TRACK. PEOPLE LIKE AWD
SO THEY CAN DRIVE ******OFF****** ********THE*******
*******TRACK******.

So you are **CLEARLY** **PLAINLY** **WRONG** that the only advantage
to AWD is acceleration. AWD will CLEARLY, PLAINLY, help you in
certain wet and icy conditions that people encounter OFF THE TRACK.

I don't care to have the final word on this topic, but it's been beat
into the ground, so can we kill the FWD vs. RWD vs. AWD topic? Can I
get an amen on that?

-Khan

Khan Klatt                                         khan@mediaaccess.com

Media Access Internet Solutions, Inc.		      888.750.0777 tel
http://www.mediaaccess.com			      425.519.3741 fax