Re: Suspensions

Marc,

My name is Chris Collier and I drive a 97 Jetta GLX.

I only have experience with two different suspensions, but will comment on both.

1) Spax 24-way adjustable shocks/struts/springs.

Springs were linear and sat very low. I enjoyed the multitude of adjustments,
but did not use them as infinitely as i think they might have been designed. The
car looked great, sitting so low; but as far as suspension geometry, it had been
butchered; and the ride was harsh

i traded this in on option #2

2) Koni adjustable shocks with H&R Sport Springs

Springs are progressive and sit about 1-1.5" lower than stock. I now use the
adjustments that the Koni offer me. I use my car 95% of the time for a daily
driver, the other 5% i use it for Autocross. The springs are much more
comfortable around town; and now that the car has been lifted, and some of the
body roll re introduced to the suspension; the geometry, the feel, and the
overall package is out-handling the Spax;

This are my quick observations on these two different setups; they are not
saying that ABC brand is shit, only that these two are being compared.

If anyone would like to contact me off-line, for additional opinions, or have
any specific questions relating to these suspensions, feel free to do so; i will
share all that i have and know (might not be that much)

chris collier
collier@iglou.com