Suspensions

Hi all,

At the risk of rekindling the war of the roses, I wanted to get some
feelings on suspension set-ups.  I have read the archives from the GTi list
but they are, obviously, for GTi's.  I realize the cars are essentially
identical give or take a trunk but the weight may make a difference.  With
that said, what are people using for a good performing, DAILY driven car.  I
want good handling, minimal (1 inch) lowering and a ride that I (and the
wife) can tolerate on daily 70 mile commutes.  So no suggestions that start
with "3-inch lowering and 400 pound springs are great".

I am leaning towards Bilstein HD's with either Shine 200 (f) and 120 (r)
springs or Corrado SLC springs (25% stiffer than GLX stock according to
Uwe's estimates).  Anyone got any thoughts, other suggestions or cars that
like to be test driven...:-)

I would really appreciate any input.  Thanks.

Marc
97' Jetta GLX - Red/Black