Re: 97 Jetta GLX Coil Pack & Tires

Try a set of Yokohama 509's  . Excellent wet handing, very good handing in
the dry , half decent wear for a performance tire and well priced compared
to high perf types (http://www.tirerack.com). They lasted 2 1/2  summers
(approx 20 km per summer use) of hard driving back when I had an '89 Supra
Turbo. That car has considerably more torque (245 lbs)  than your/my
present Jetta GLX so you'll probably get more mileage out of them.

I started out with Eagle Gatorbacks from the dealership  and once I
switched to the 509's it was such a "night and day " contrast.  They don't
hum like hell compared to some performance tires on the highway either.

Alexxi