Re: Speeding ticket

From: Matthew P. Marlin

While we're on the subject...I got a ticket Labor Day going 60 mph downhill
in a 45 mph zone in my GLX.  The officer asked me if I knew what the speed
limit was prior to writing the ticket and I said, "35?".  Subsequently he
wrote the ticket for 60 in a 40 (huh?).  I've taken photos of the posted
speed limit signs (45 mph) with landmarks next to where I was pulled over
also in the picture.
My question is, what's the technicality that I can use to dismiss this
potential infraction in court?  If I were a police officer (yikes), it
would seem like common sense for me to know the actual posted speed limit
on the stretch of road I was monitoring *prior* to pulling someone over.

Matt
'96 GLX