Re: Check engine light

So, by my girlfriends request, I tightened the gas cap
until it "clicked".  (was the first time I didn't
click it...was in a hurry)

The light didn't go out that evening.  But the next
day, after about a 5min warmup, it went away.

Can someone explain to me how a cap not in the
"clicked" position can do this?  Assuming that this
corrected it.  I am still scratching my head.

nix

97' tornado red glx