Re: Check engine light (EVP LEAK)

Mine did this...

After someone swiped my gas cap....

drove for about a day then check eng. light turn on....

The dealer said check the cap....  I did and it was missing... I replaced
it.... then took it to the dealer for the code to be removed....

The OBDII senses that there is a leak in the fuel system. then default mode
begins (sensors turn off)   This is because the engine is having problems
keeping the pressure in the fuel line up and there is vacuum leak in the
system ( So I understand....)

Moral -----  Not good but not bad.... OBDII too smart

Hope this helped,
JACK
98 GLX Tornado Red/Black Leather
-----
Jack Hagop Terzian
Markham, Ontario  CANADA

Email: Jack_Terzian@howling.com
ICQ: 11845726 or HYEJACK
Cell: (416) 936-3660 MIKE: 3660 (Friends and Family Network)
Cell Email: 416-936-3660@msg.clearnet.com (250 characters max.)
Fax:  (416) 936-3661
WWW: http://members.home.net/hyejack (Coming Soon)
VWoT (VWs of Toronto) Club   http://www.lunaticfringe.org/vwot/