RE: Notchy shifter

Thanks to all who have responded. Looks like it's just
the car and the nature of the beast. Just went out to
grab some lunch and it slipped in and out of 1st
easily. I'm getting into the habit though of gently
dropping it into second and then moving up to 1st. My
friend's old diesel Rabbit would do the same thing
ironically enough and that of course had nowhere near
the horsepower of the GLX :)Key thing is that I'm not
hammering the thing into first when it doesn't want to
regardless of the situation.

On the subject of Euro lights I would be interested in
seeing what they look like. I can't do a group
purchase right now b/c I'm going to be doing the Turn2
wipple mount mod and putting in a K&N filter next
month. That will use up my monthly car allowance.

One thing I have realized is this car needs to breath
better in a big way. Hopefully the K&N and will help
out a bit on that front.

Thanks again for the responses. Been a big help.

David

=====