RE: Notchy shifter

WELL, on this topic, if you REALLY want to preserve 2nd gear, When
downshifting 3rd to 2nd, double-clutch. Drop it out of 3 into neutral, let
the clutch out, put the clutch down again, and pull it into 2nd. This is
advice coming directly from Derek Daly's driving academy, in case anyone is
still mad at me for doubting the functionality of the vento headlights.