Re: 2000 Jetta GLX

From: Stephan Martone <smartone@mediaone.net>

> I didn't see any "Sport Package" listed on carpoint as mentioned in other
> posts.  ____  (What's included?)

It was an option on the '99 GLX's, which included 16" alloys and sport
seats.  The alloys were made standard in '00 and the sport seats aren't
available any longer ('tis a shame).  FWIW, 16" alloys are part of the GLS
VR6 luxury package, while the 4cyls get 15" alloys with the luxury package.

> In-dash single disc CD player   _____

Dealer installed.  Last I heard list price on the part was $240.
Installation should be less than 1 hour labor.  BTW, a few weeks ago I saw a
GLS that had a factory installed CD changer for less than $300.

> Splash guards   _____
> Stainless License plate frame, Powder coat black  _____
> Valve stem cap, brass chrome plated with O-Ring to keep tire pressure
_____
> Darkened side turn signals    _____
> Prem. black floor mats, Front  ____
> Prem. black floor mats, Back   ____
> Rave alloy wheels, 16"  ____

These are all also dealer installed items and I'm not sure what the prices
are.  Maybe check out the accessory store at www.vw.com.  BTW, as mentioned
above, the '00 has 16" wheels standard, so you won't need the Rave wheels.

Check out www.edmunds.com and www.kbb.com too.

-Chris