RE: 2000 Jetta GLX Plus short comment re: Amoco Premium Gas for David and Debbie Steele

I'll be happy to give my opinion!

I went from a '91 Honda Accord EX to a '97 RAV4 to a 2000 GLX.
So that runs Fun to Utility to Amusement-Park.

I absolutely LOVE this car. Unfortunately it is harming my driving as I find
myself driving too aggresive...too anxious to use every bit of
power/manuverability in my new car! So here's a breakdown:

What I like:
- Dashboard. If you haven't seen it..go to a dealership at night and ask for
a demo. Undescribable. =v]

- Engine. This thing whips your head back. I haven't taken it over 4000rpm
more than once since I've had it (3 days) and it still eats up the road.

- Auto Air conditioner. I have always had to fiddle with my A/C. Now I set
it at 70f and forget it. I thought it was gimmicky at first, but now I know
different.

- Electric Chair. I unlock the car with my remote, open the door..and the
car greets me with mirror/chair adjustments. How friendly. =v]

- Manuverability. I took my car around a 90degree corner (regular street
intersection) at 45mph and the tires didn't care. Amazing control.

Things I don't like:
- Rear view mirror. I don't really want to have mirror dimmed for me, or at
least have the option of turning this off. For those that haven't seen this,
the rear view mirror turns into sun glasses to shield you from bright lights
at night time. While this might seem nice at first, you lose a lot of detail
at night. (cop detection deteriorates =v] )

- Mirror change in reverse. This car has a seperate memory setting for your
right mirror when you change into reverse. This could be quite handy, but I
have had problems getting it to set right! This could be operator error..or
complicated memory settings?

- No rear leg room. I'm glad I'm driving because no way could I fit back
there!

- Placement of Stereo/AC. They have a little storage area above the stereo
which is above the AC. I happen to need to access the stereo/ac much more
often during driving than the storage area. What logic did they use to
configure it this way?

Well I think that does it. Hope I was helpfull.