2000 Jetta GLX Plus short comment re: Amoco Premium Gas for David and Debbie Steele

I too would like any info available and owners' comments about the 2000 GLX.
I am considering purchasing one in the next 4 - 8 weeks.  For example what
options did you have to choose from? (i.e. rims, in-dash cd quality)  Does
the Thule bike rack for the 1997 fit on the 2000?   www.carpoint.msn.com
doesn't have pricing for the options can anyone fill in the blanks?

I didn't see any "Sport Package" listed on carpoint as mentioned in other
posts.  ____  (What's included?)
In-dash single disc CD player   _____
Splash guards   _____
Stainless License plate frame, Powder coat black  _____
Valve stem cap, brass chrome plated with O-Ring to keep tire pressure _____
Darkened side turn signals    _____
Prem. black floor mats, Front  ____
Prem. black floor mats, Back   ____
Rave alloy wheels, 16"  ____

So far there is a '97 GLX in our family, and this will be the second.  The
'97 is a 5-Speed, and I love it.  It was stubborn going into 2nd for a while
there (especially when downshifting), but that has cleared up. I will take
your advice and try the automatic since I too have rush hour traffic to deal
with, but so far I plan on "sticking" (haha) with the 5-speed.

I have been running Amoco Premium pretty much exclusively in the '97.
Before and after the ethanol nonsense was added.  Seems we can't avoid it in
the Chicago area, otherwise I would get my gas somewhere else.  I haven't
experienced the symptoms you mentioned in mine.  Hope that helps a little.

Stephan
'97 Jetta GLX, Black/Black, 5-Speed, Wiper Relay, Mud Flaps, A/C Mod +5hp,
Valentine1
Next:  Rear Fog Light Mod, Alpine Car Alarm