Re: door woes

I've had this squeak for the past 6 months, I finally
had time to hunt it down. I already had the tape and
it does nothing for the squeak I had. I would hear it
whenever the car would lean forward or backward (as in
shifting gears). Finally I found that it was the latch
making the noise. I sprayed some wd40 on the latch (on
the door and where it hooks on the body) and cleaned
it up real good.  The squeak went away.. I also
noticed that the door latch no longer swings up by
itself when I push it down(with the door open) and
then pull on the door handle to open it(drivers side
only). All 3 other door latches swing up.
Anyways, the original squeak I had sounded like it was
coming form the top of the door but it was down by the
latch causing my problems.... hope this helps..

--- David Bergesen <djbergesen@dotstar.net> wrote:
> I went to the dealership, and talked to them about
> the tape. The guy went back to get the order sheet,
> which showed the correct #, but then there was a
> line that said "supersession" and showed the --02. I
> guess they switched again. Now I don't know what to
> do. I picked up some tape stuff from Pep Boys for
> two bucks, and I'll see what that does. Although at
> first convinced that the noise was coming from the
> top of the doors, I've noticed a bit of a squeak
> when I pull the outside door handles (rear doors).
> It kinda makes me think there is some internal
> noise, or maybe even the rubber weatherstripping on
> the inside.
>
> -ENS D.J. Bergesen
> Student Naval Aviator
> djbergesen@dotstar.net
> 96 Jetta GLX VR6  "V WAFFE"

<HR>
<HTML>
<HEAD>

<META content="text/html; charset=utf-8"
http-equiv=Content-Type>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>I went to the
dealership, and talked to them
about the tape. The guy went back to get the order
sheet, which showed the
correct #, but then there was a line that said
&quot;supersession&quot; and
showed the --02. I guess they switched again. Now I
don't know what to do. I
picked up some tape stuff from Pep Boys for two bucks,
and I'll see what that
does. Although at first convinced that the noise was
coming from the top of the
doors, I've noticed a bit of a squeak when I pull the
outside door handles (rear
doors). It kinda makes me think there is some internal
noise, or maybe even the
rubber weatherstripping on the inside.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>-ENS D.J.
Bergesen<BR>Student Naval
Aviator<BR><A
href="mailto:djbergesen@dotstar.net">djbergesen@dotstar.net</A><BR>96
Jetta GLX