Re: [gti-vr6] Spacer Dilemma

Interestingly enough, I am running H&R coilovers with 5mm spacers on the
*FRONT*. The rears have no rubbing, and neither do the fronts with the
spacers.

Kristin/Mike Potter were kind enough to call H&R and get precise info as
far as spacers for my 95 GLX.

I've been very happy with the handling and the response, but my spine was
complaining for a few days.

At 11:40 AM -0700 5/7/99, Jeff Newton wrote:

>I've got the H&R 5mm spacers on the rear with stock wheels and the
>infamous GAs.  I still get very occasional rubbing on the right rear
>tire from the H&R Coilovers.
>
>My theory is that the GAs are to blame, thats why I'm doing my best
>to burn them off before I get Toyo T1s installed next month.  Actually
>its pretty fun driving like a retarded maniac when you *want* to wear
>out a set of tires.
>
>David, what size tire on those 17x7.5?  Any fender rub?
>
>Cheers,
>
>> Date: Fri, 07 May 1999 01:26:40 -0400
>> From: David Kim <glxvr6@ibm.net>
>> Subject: Re: [gti-vr6] Spacer Dilemma
>>
>> Doug,
>>
>> on my car with 17" OZ Racing "Competitions"  17" x 7.5"  offset 35mm
>> did not need spacers of any sort in the front.  The backs were a
>> different story, I ended up with H & R 8mm spacers after the 5mm
>spacers
>> were insufficient in preventing a coil from the H & R Coilovers from
>> rubbing on the tire.
>>
>> Hope this helps,
>>
>> David Kim
>> 1997 Vento GLX