Re: [gti-vr6] Spacer Dilemma

I've got the H&R 5mm spacers on the rear with stock wheels and the
infamous GAs.  I still get very occasional rubbing on the right rear
tire from the H&R Coilovers.

My theory is that the GAs are to blame, thats why I'm doing my best
to burn them off before I get Toyo T1s installed next month.  Actually
its pretty fun driving like a retarded maniac when you *want* to wear
out a set of tires.

David, what size tire on those 17x7.5?  Any fender rub?

Cheers,

> Date: Fri, 07 May 1999 01:26:40 -0400
> From: David Kim <glxvr6@ibm.net>
> Subject: Re: [gti-vr6] Spacer Dilemma
>
> Doug,
>
> on my car with 17" OZ Racing "Competitions"  17" x 7.5"  offset 35mm
> did not need spacers of any sort in the front.  The backs were a
> different story, I ended up with H & R 8mm spacers after the 5mm
spacers
> were insufficient in preventing a coil from the H & R Coilovers from
> rubbing on the tire.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> David Kim
> 1997 Vento GLX