RE: FS: 95'

At 9:56 AM -0800 3/22/99, Squier, Craig wrote:
>Adam,
>In general it is very hard to recover your money on modifications, even when
>you are selling to an enthusiast who knows what they cost. Also, most people
>don't buy a car with a second set of wheels/tires and won't expect to be
>paying for it. These items I would address as options rather than inclusions
>in the price of the vehicle. If the person wants to buy your car, sell them
>the car first, THEN offer them the wheels/tires for a fair price. Including
>it initially will scare some folks off.
>As far as mods go, you are almost better to restore the vehicle as close to
>stock as possible, then selling the tuner parts separately to folks like us.
>At least this way you stand to get most of your money back out of them.
>Included in the car price you will get little if anything, the dealer will
>surely not give you anything extra...

Not quite, especially if you don't do the mods or don't have the equipment
to do the mods yourself. My friend had a severely modified Corrado and it
would have cost him $800 in mechanic's payments to bring it back to stock.

Of course, a Corrado is more of a pursued 'commodity' than a GLX, but he
posted it in a used car magazine, and got three calls in the first 48
hours, and already has a buyer lined up.

-Khan