Re: K&N...long

The list has spoken to this point repeatedly, so my apologies for redundancy.

I removed the snow mesh screen and tube thing fromt he top of my airbox.  A
couple thoughts:

1)    The snow screen mesh, when clean, should not restrict airflow to any
degree detectable.  I took it out anyway trusting my newly replaced paper
airfilter will do the job.
2)    The removal of the cone was a bitch.  After realizing how it "locks" into
place, I found myself spraying WD40 into a long crease created using an 8"
screwdriver.  With needle nose pliers and a bit of dexterity, it poped out after
about 10 minutes of fidgeting.

Result is the same described by other list members.  Nothing to talk about at
lower RPMs, but a detectable improved response to throttle at about 4,000+.
Louder, yeah, but performance is where the victory lies.  Never had my '97 GLX
on a dyno, so I'll guess at 5 bhp improvement.  Anyone have specs to confirm?

-Chris