Re: hoods

From: Stewart MacLund <sundie@lunaticfringe.org>
>Sooooooooooooo.  The conclusion would be:
>
>If you have the cold weather package, order the cold weather hood?
>
>If you don't have the cold weather package, don't order the cold weather
>hood?
>
>SUndie...

**Wrong**

New VW replacement hoods are the same whether you have heated washer jets or
not:
all '93-'99 Golfs - 1HM 823 031 E
all '93-'99 Jettas - 1HM 823 031 F
It doesn't matter if they are GL's, GLS's, GLX's, GTI's, Treks, whatever.

It's like what I said already.  VW changed the hood and the jets for the '97
MY.  The only difference in the hood is that the holes for the jets are
smaller.  The new jets, besides being smaller, spray in a fan pattern
instead of the piss streams of the earlier style.  The size of the jets
doesn't depend on whether they are heated or not, but on what model year
they came on.  VW only sells the new style hood, so if you have a '96 or
earlier and you replace the hood, you need new jets, either:
non-heated - 3B0 955 985
heated - 6N0 955 986

-Chris