Re: And Thats Why I Hate Care And DryVaneer

At 11:31 PM 3/5/99 -0800, you wrote:
>Volkswagen Jetta GLX
>Highs: Smooth, torquey VR6 engine; good seats; VW personality.
>Lows: Dated chassis, dated body, dated interior.
>The Verdict: Pleasant and capable, but outclassed here.
>---CAR AND DRIVER

DUDE that link was to the A3 test
this months comparo:
Highs: Cutting-edge styling, ritzy interior, slick-revving V-6
Lows: Chassis porpoises in response to throttle movements, vague steering
at high g.
Verdict: A classy looker that can't dance  (TRUE)

 Any magazine that puts on an event like One Lap of America and publishes
articles like Battle Of The Beaters (winner:1984 quasi GTI) gets my money
for a years subscription easily.

              Tim Kling
             1992 16V GTI
         CLUB H20    EUROSPEED