Cracked Winsheild

I woke up this morning a found a 3 inch long crack in the front windshield of
my 99 Jetta VR6.  This car is less than two months old, and by the way has
been great fun to drive.  My question is how should I present this to the
dealer so that it will be covered by the warranty.  The crack started in the
bottom left corner on the drivers side, and I believe it is a stress crack
caused by a bad install, but I am sure my dealer is going to say that it is
caused by a small rock and it is not covered.

Any tips?

Thanks
Jeff in S.D. CA.