Re: INTAKE

TRYTHAMAR@aol.com wrote:

> I have been thinking about getting an air intake for a year now, but never
> got one.  I recently cruised in a friends Maxima with a basic K&N open filter
> and it sounded pretty good, almost good enough to convince me I should
> finally get an intake.....
>         But I still want to gain some power/torque?  My store carries the ITG
> intake w/ shielding from hot engine air.  This is 199.00 and sounds like the
> best bet for me; but he still states it will only add topend HP.
>         Does anyone have intakes; if so what kind? Is it loud? Power/torque
> gains? $$?
>         Also, what are some modifications for good low end power/torque?
>
> Rob
> 98 BLK/BLK GLX
> Techtonics SS cat-back
> AVO coilovers, Autotech stabilizer bars, & anti-roll bars

 I put a Eurosport "cool-flo" on my 8v 2 weeks ago.  It makes throttle a little
more responsive (IMHO).  It's definately louder - especially at WOT (wide open
throttle).  I do have a slight hesitation when I go from dead stop to WOT, but I
think the new cam might help that out a bit.  ;)

 Although i'm not crazy about what it cost (about $180 or so), it looks good in
the engine bay, it makes the car a little more "peppy"  (IE: slightly better
throttle control) and it also makes the car a little bit more "throaty"....  :)

 YMMV.

--

-Steve.