Re: Remote question

It is a fact, the earlier model 98 Cabrios GLS' came with everything EXCEPT
the keyless remote. Check your production date on the inside drivers door
jam area for a date, then call VWOA and confirm that month and year. I
believe they started as a standard with the spring production line of that
same year.

Good Luck-