Re: WHIPPLE [Was: Re: H&R Coilovers, Autotech Stress Bar, Whipple]

>Khan,
>
>I got mine from www.parts4vws.com (aka Mike Potter).  Cost is $60
>shipped.  ITs a five minute install and all you need is a couple of
>simple tools and some locktite (thread locker).
>
>A little pricey for 2 poly pucks and an aluminum disk but it smoothed
>my shifter out and thats worth the $60 alone.

I don't doubt that at all. What I don't understand is (from the
instructions I read online) how this thing even makes a difference?

What is its function? I thought that perhaps it was some polyeurothane that
simply shields the vibration of the engine from the body or something, but
it's not wedged in anywhere. What the heck does this thing do-- and why is
it better than what was there?

Confused,

-Khan

Khan Klatt <kklatt@nw.verio.net>                                       Verio
Network Engineer                                    Bellingham Branch Office
Tel 800.591.2757 x 13                                    725 N. State Street
Fax 360.738.8315                                        Bellingham, WA 98225