98 GLX alarm problem

 I have a '98 GLX with 7k on it, up until last night it was working
perfectly...now as of today, the alarm is not working correctly. With either
the key, or the keyless entry, when you try to arm the alarm, the light on
the door flashes very slowly, the horn does not beep, and if you open a
door, etc, it does not go off. If you use the key, the doors will lock, but
the alarm will not arm, again, the light starts to flash slowly, and no horn
beep as if it were armed. I played around in the electric box where the
fuses are and it the horn beeped, and the doors locked when I moved some of
the wires around (I have some stereo wires running around through there from
an aftermarket stereo I added. I am almost sure that it must be a relay or
something that has become loose from the piece of equipment that I added
possibly vibrating around down there from the car moving. My question is,
has anyone else had the same problem with the alarm? Also, what relay (there
must be one?) is for the alarm? I can try to remove/replace the relay and
see if it is a loose connection...any other ideas? I don't want to take it
to the dealership (even though it is under warranty) as fear they will freak
with the electrical wires for the added stereo equipment, and then void the
warranty/charge me a boatload for a simple repair....