Cold Weather

Believe it or not, it was 18 degrees in Atlanta this morning. This
transplanted New Yorker (Western NY) felt right at home.

It gave me my first chance to see how the GLX's heater/defroster handles
the cold. First of all, there's plenty of capacity to heat the car. I
could have roasted myself if I'd turned it up all the way. The downside
is that the windows steam up like crazy. I had to leave the heater in
the defrost position all the way to work, which left it pretty cold down
on the floor. And even that didn't keep the windows clear. I had to turn
on the A/C to take the moisture out of the air before the windows would
clear. I've never had a car that fogs up as much as this one. And, the
air flow positions aren't very flexible. It's difficult to keep the
windows clear and keep your feet warm at the same time.

What do you guys who drive in LOTS of cold weather think about the
Jetta's heating system?

Brian Wanamaker
'98 GLX