Stereo alarm feature

Is there a specific way to activate the anti-theft
feature on the stock stereo head-unit?  Ever since
I've owned the car, I've noticed the little ity-bity
red light on the head-unit never blinked when I
armed the alarm.  Does this mean my head-unit
is in risk of being stolen and used without needing
the stereo key number?

I looked in the manual, but there are not specific
instructions to activate this feature that I could find.

I have the stock Panasonic/BOSE head-unit.

Thanks,

-Chuck Simpson