From: T J Rossmann [mailto:trossmann@sprint.ca]
Sent: Monday, February 15, 1999 6:52 PM
To: Jetta GLX Mailing List
Subject: Oil Viscosities

I live in Edmonton, and therefore deal with some relatively cold winters, it
can be as cold as -40C or as warm as -5C regularly.  I have been running
Castrol Syntec 5W30 oil in my '96 Jetta.  Today I went to two department
stores looking for Syntec 5W30 and the only thing that I could find that was
close was Syntec 5W50.
My question is, what difference would using 5W50 as opposed to 5W30 make in
my car?

Thanks in advance.
Troy