Cost-Free Do-It-Yourself Airbox mod...

Hey gang,

I decided to finally remove the cone and dome screen filter
from my stock airbox on Friday to see if it really made a
difference.  All I have to say is that I'm BLOWN AWAY at the
change it made.  I wasn't expecting much at all, but now my
VR6 has a throaty-growl when RPM's hit 4000+ and the
pull seems significantly greater when accelerating.
1st gear feels incredible.  It doesn't feel the slight-bit
hesitant when I decide to push it.

BTW...  I was surprised to see how much gunk was collected
in the dome (I think some refer to it as snow-screen) filter.
I'm convinced this filter really robs the engine of much needed
air during acceleration.  I wouldn't be surprised if some of
you out there might have a screen completely filled with
crap -- preventing your air-filter from doing its job.  I don't
know if VW cleans this screen during its maintenance work,
but they probably should.

Now I just need to pop in a K&N filter.  Does anyone know
where I can find the best deal for one?

Anyways... if you haven't done it... then go out now and do it.
Besides... you can always put that cone and dome-screen
back in if you are not happy with the results.

c-ya,

-Chuck Simpson
'98 White Jetta GLX-VR6
-EuroSwitch (No DRL's)