No Subject

Franklin, no offense, but probably 10 out of 10 times a VR6 should easily
come out on top in a race with a Neon, among just about every other 4 cyl.
car, and most other 6 cyl. cars as well.  Especially by 40mph, which we can
do in first gear.  Hit second gear and it should be all over.  Maybe it's
all that extra weight of the Jetta ;-)

The following comment concerns me though:
>In first I have great pickup until I reach 4->5k.  and the same is true in
second.

Your car should just be hitting full stride at 4K rpms as that is when gobs
of power are available in the VR6 motor.  You might want to practice your
clutching/shifting action and be sure and wind that motor to about 6300 with
the throttle wide open.

Good Luck with the Garrett chip, it should help and don't be going around
telling people you got beat by a Neon ;-)

Brian ('98 GTIVR6 - Neon-Eating edition)
Singlepoint Systems, Inc.
Email: Brian@SinglepointSys.com