rear-fog light installed...

Well... I finally went to the VW shop lastnight and
purchased two VW wire connectors and two reverse-light
bulbs for a grand total of $7.55.

The install wasn't as easy as I had hoped.  Running that
damn wire up through the trunk and into the trunk-door
was a pain in my ass!  I think the installation took a total
of 2 hours to complete from start to finish.  But I must say
I'm really glad I did it.  I like to look.  I like the safety.

If anyone is interested... here are the updated part numbers:

VW connectors:    000-979-133  ($2.51 each)
Bulb 1073:        N-017-732-2  ($1.10 each)

Note:  Each wire connector consists of a wire with connecting
pins on each end.  Just cut both wires in half and you have four
wire connectors to crimp onto the wire you run from the EuroSwitch
to the trunk, and from the left rear bulb housing to the right bulb
housing.

-Chuck Simpson
'98 White Jetta GLX-VR6
EuroSwitch / Prog. wiper relay / REAR FOG LIGHTS!!!  :)