Re: MISC. PROBLEMS! RANT EDITION!

> Not to underscore this GLX, but this is the 1st VW I've owned and,
> personally I haven't had this many "little" problems with a new car.
    Understandable.  My J3 GLX is my first car period, and I have
vaguely similar problems.

> Firstly the interior lights (near the center console, heat switches, seats,
> etc) are blown or just don't come on anymore
    You might have the dealer check the fusebox.  I was having an
intermittent short in mine, and it caused very similar problems with the
lights (not to mention the alarm, the windows, and the power locks)

> theres any moisture in the air, and then the other day, the frigin
> passengers door wouldn't open. It would unlock but not open, not even
> pushing it from the inside-out. The car has 14K and at this rate, will be
    Well, you're in Boston, right?  I'm in Pittsburgh, and my doors
freeze shut all the time...I'm told it comes with the territory on a VW.
 Could that be it?

    Actually, that's a good question.  Anybody have a mod/fix that'll
keep the doors/locks from freezing so much?

> Area. With help from the list, what if any of these might be under the 24
> bumper/bumper warranty???
    I don't know about a new car, but my used one has the "EasyCare"
warranty, and they are at least covering the fusebox I mentioned...

--Mark Williams
'95 J3 GLX  "in the shop" edition