Exploding Battery

I was visiting my grandparents today in Ocean County, NJ today, and had
to make a run to circuit city.  As my father went to start my car, we
heard a boom from under the hood, and when i go and open the hood, my
factory battery had exploded inside the nice padded cover, but it was
all leaking down under the battery.  Have any of you guys had this
problem before?  If so, please e-mail me with any solutions you had or
problems you may have found after the explosion....

Bill Risch