Re: selling a 99 A3

In a message dated 12/18/99 3:18:43 AM Central Standard Time,
schroett@sprynet.com writes:

<< I am just pointing out the fact that THIS particular car
 is very strange in the given market.  Anyone have a NADA
 book to tell me the REAL value of this car?

 my new plan is to sell the car in the spring and hopefully
 get $16,000 out of it.   >>

Well,

According to www.nada.com the value of a '98 JettaGLX (they didn't list '99)
retails (at the stealership) low-end at $17,750, midrange at $19,750 and
high-end at $22,200. This is assuming 5-spd, leather and CD changer. I
confess, I didn't read the original post, so no flames, please. I would think
that knocking $1500-$2000 off any of the above would be good in the realm of
"for sale by owner."

YMMV,

David Steele
1998 JettaGLX TRed