Re: Suitcase/Warranty

At 7:19 PM -0500 12/17/99, WPaddles@aol.com wrote:
>  I recently removed the suitcase (midmuffler) from my 97 Jetta GLX and I
>need to take my car into the dealer for some warranty work (transmission).
>My question is, did removing the suitcase void my warranty?  I would like to
>know before I take it in so I can put a muffler back on if I need to.

You can not "void" your entire warranty. The dealership can refuse to
honor the warranty if it can be shown that the component you would
like to have fixed under the warranty can be shown to have failed or
malfunctioned as a result of the change you made to your car.

In other words if the repair on the transmission is WHOLLY UNRELATED
to your exhaust (midmuffler) then the dealership can not refuse
warranty repair.

-Khan

Khan Klatt                                         khan@mediaaccess.com

Media Access Internet Solutions, Inc.		      888.750.0777 tel
http://www.mediaaccess.com			      425.519.3741 fax