Re: [gti-vr6] WTB: Stock Speakers

OK. I have run several different speaker combos with my head unit (Kenwood
KDC-7009, 40x4 max, 22x4 full bandwidth) alone (no external amp) one was an
Orion 5.25" w/ JBL tweeter running through a Radio Shack crossover. What can
I say, I spent so much on my head unit, I was on a pretty tight budget for
speakers (the Orions came out of my old 87 Wolfsburg edition Jetta). Then I
ran the Kenwood PS-602 6.5" separates before I got my Kenwood KAC-748 35x4
amp.
    The problem is, the Sony is rated at 40x4 like you said, but only puts
out 16x4 full bandwidth. My Kenwood speakers ($149 from Crutchfield) sounded
PHENOMENAL before the amp on just the 22x4 from the 7009, and now sound
HEAVENLY off the 35x4 amp ($249 from Crutchfield). If you want cheap goods
that sound good, the Kenwoods are groovy. I recommend you check out
Crutchfield to start getting some hare-brained (or is it HAIR-brained?)
ideas about a new stereo.
    NO, I do NOT work for Crutchfield, but I have been thoroughly impressed
with their prices and service. And the $6.95 shipping charge that gets the
goods to you in TWO days.
    Anyone want to talk subwoofers?
-ENS D.J. Bergesen
Student Naval Aviator