Stereo stuff (was: Stock Speakers)

    Well, if you were to have posted that about four days ago, you'd have
been in luck. I just destroyed the stock speakers after installing my new
Kenwood 6.5 + tweeter separates ($149 from Crutchfield). Oops.
    Has anyone else surface mounted tweeters just above and to the rear of
the main speaker grill on the angled plastic? I did it three days ago, and
they fit in the space perfectly. The plastic is wider than the tweeters by
about 1.5cm, and they can be angled just perfectly so that they point right
to the driver (me, of course) from either side. F%*k Q-Logic...
    Also, the new Kenwood speaker grilles fit in the 6.5"  space well,
although I had to use some aluminum spacers to raise the speaker away from
the screws holding the adapter ring on (the stock speaker's screws, really,
in the stock speaker's holes), in order to properly lock the grille on.
    Sorry for the rambling.

-  ENS DJ.Bergesen
djbergesen@dotstar.net
Student Naval Aviator