Re: GL to GLX conversion (Was Re: List Member Stickers)

I have a mechanic friend in Austin that did the VR6 swap into an 86 Jetta GL.
Included were front and rear GLX suspension, brakes, etc., instrument cluster,
exhaust, and tranny. Neither mechanic nor owner will fess up on the exact cost, but
they did agree that the total was more than $10K!!  Because the A2 chassis is
lighter this is a good, fast setup, but unfortunately the owner made up the weight
difference with stereo equipment.

I came up behind him on the freeway and with a 200lb passenger in the car with me,
I was just barely pulling away from him.
It is definitely a stealth ride and without the extra weight it would be super
fast.

Later,
Bri...
97 GLX