Re: Anyone have a CD changer for sale?

At 09:01 AM 4/12/99 -0700, CJI wrote:
>Oh come on Milind,
>You can't gloss over a story like that! What the hell was wrong with your GLX
>that got VW to exchange it for a newer model? I got a computer company to do
>that once, but we're only talking a few thousand dollars here. Dude, pardon me
>for being so nosey, but you brought it up. So when you get a chance tell all.
>
>CJI

Well OK...the GLX had a lot of problems, starting with a blown fuel
gauge...they replaced the instrument cluster twice and the fuel tank...it
still did not work as before...then the crankshaft seal leaked just aftter
the 5K service...one day the car had no or very little oil on the dip
stick...had to add two quarts etc...they also found that the power steering
system had a sprung a leak...the dealer was very prompt and fixed
everything....but by this time I was getting worried...I called up VW and
they finally got a factory rep to talk to me and check the car...he offered
me a new car with a payment to account for wear and tear/mileage etc...but
then the dealer refused to buy back the car, saying it will be difficult to
sell the car with two odometer change stickers...so in the end they offered
me a 1999 GLS VR6 w/ sunroof and alloy wheels at no cost...It was an offer I
could not refuse...I was quiet suprised at VW's offer, but have a feeling
that they backed themselves into a hole, already offering me a new car and
then having the dealer refusing to take it...so thats the story...
BTW the new GLS VR6 drives great...the only thing i miss is the trip
computer (not a feature offered on the GLS) and hate the new shifter which
sucks compared to the buttery smooth feeling in the GLX...

Milind

>Milind Gokhale wrote:
>
>> Mike,
>>
>>    VW just exchanged my 98 GLX with a 99 GLS VR6 because of some recurring
>> problems...I had the car for a year and put 12 K on it...anyway the short
>> story is that about 6 months ago I bought the 6-CD changer (panasonic) from
>> crutchfield (incl VWPAN97) for my BOSE stock system...I had installed it in
>> the GLX, but took it out because the new car came with a CD changer...Let me
>> know if you are interested in buying the changer...FYI it is in mint
>> condition and never skips etc...I took it out about 5 days ago....
>>
>> Milind
Milind Gokhale			Ph: (609) 258-4204 (off)
Research Associate, POEM	    	  258-6688 (MBE lab)
J303 E-Quad				  279-0274 (home)
Princeton University
Princeton, NJ 08540

FAX: (609) 258-1954