Re: road rage

>Date: Sun, 27 Sep 1998 17:40:03 -0500
>From: Bruce Stapley <bstapley@megsinet.com>
>Subject: Re[2]: Road Rage (Flame on, Johnny Torch!)
>>
>If I'm reading this wrong, then please take no offense, but if what you
>mean here is what you wrote, then you've got to be one of the biggest
>assholes on the face of the planet. You MUST mean the *opposite* of what
>you wrote; that this switch also allowed you to turn your brake lights
>ON without stepping on the pedal, not just that it allowed you to step
>on the pedal without lighting up your brake lights. Anybody who would
>actually slam on the brakes in front of another driver while
snip

Ah Brucie you crack me up...thanks for the laughs. Ok, I shouldn't have
to explain this to you but what the heck, I've got a few minutes to kill.
If you still don't understand have someone with a higher education
explain it to you.

The original point of this thread was to talk about methods for dealing
with tailgaters right? Right. Some guys just slammed on their brakes,
some pulled on the e-brake, or had a switch to kill the brake lights. The
idea is to get the other drivers attention right? Right. All of the
discussed methods do that. They are variations on the same theme. See?
That wasn't so hard now was it? So why all the self righteous indignation
(though in a way I'm glad you did because it was hilarious to read)? If
you found my method a little more sinister than the others...well, I'll
take that as a compliment. As I clearly explained in my post, it was not
my original intention to use the switch on tailgaters-that was just a
side benefit. The dangers of any of the mentioned methods was stated (if
not already obvious).

You obviously did not read (or comprehend) my post. You did not note the
reference to past tense, the disclaimer, or my position on the matter
today. Go back and read it again-slowly-all the way through (or have
someone with a higher education...) and you'll see why your response was
such a laugher.

Oh and BTW, if you to do a soapbox rant that is actually meaningful you
should talk about how the various govt mandated policies have caused a
deterioration of respect for driving laws in this country- forcing
otherwise law-abiding drivers to take matters into their own hands (see
above) etc...

Remember-Safety Fast

John Darwak
'97 Jetta GLX Sequoia/Biber beige