Re: A4 Vs A3 GLX

At 10:07 PM -0400 9/25/98, ostergren wrote:

>Kevin-
>
>There seem to be differing opinions as to when the Jetta A4 will be
>available.  I have heard dates ranging from somethime in October to the
>beginning of 1999.  Some have also indicated that there are not many
>current GLX's in the lots- this may be hearsay- I for one am waiting to see
>the A4 GLX.
>
>As for the pricing, it is my understanding that the pricing will be similar
>to the current prices- it would seem that it would be difficult to have a
>significant increase.

It would be impossible to increase the price without affecting Jetta sales
altogether. At that stage, you simply have to ask, "For $50 more, why
wouldn't I just buy the Passat?"

Of course, I exaggerate a little, but still, they can't increase the price
much without screwing themselves, because the Passat is so affordable.

-Khan

--
Khan Klatt
1997 VW Jetta GLX, Emerald Green