1999 GLX Observations

All,

   I now have my '99 A3 GLX, and I thought I'd make some observations relating
to some threads you've had over the past week or so (at least in the '99)

A) The Bose sound system
              It has 10 speakers.  There are two in either side of the dash
(tweeter & midrange), and one in each front door (woofer).  In the rear, there
are NO grills for a woofer in the door, but there is a blank "plug" where the
tweeter used to go in the door -  there is NO tweeter there, it's just a
plastic filler piece.  On the rear deck, there is either a midrange or woofer
(I dunno), and a tweeter on both sides.
Now, if I could just get some information on swapping the head unit but
keeping the amp/speakers :)

B) The alarm
              I tested this this morning:  I popped the trunk with the alarm
remote, and went over and pulled it open.  As soon as I did, the alarm went
off.  I then tried this again, but with first unlocking the doors with the
alarm off, and the trunk popped without incident.

I'm loving the car so far, except for the bad maplight and bad front
passenger-side woofer (which the dealer has ordered a replacement for)

-Dave