Seat Problems; was Sad days...

The driver's seat in my 98 GLX with 7000 miles CLUNKS when I turn left
or right. I'm the only one who drives it, so it certainly isn't getting
any excessive wear from adjusting it for different drivers. It doesn't
lean (yet) but the clunk is annoying! It sounds like some REALLY OLD
junkers I've driven with totally worn out seat adjusters. I haven't
mentioned it to my dealer yet, but I'm worried. If it clunks at 7000
miles, what the hell is it going to sound like at 50,000?

I'm glad that VW is taking some sort of action instead of saying "They
all do it." Has anyone else besides Franklin gotten any positive
response from their dealer?

Brian Wanamaker
98 GLX Black/Beige leather
noisy seat