surburban killing...

This is a new one.  I am driving down a 4 lane street doing about 60mph.
This surburban pulls out in front of me about a 1/8 mile ahead.  He gets
into the other lane and starts to accerlerate.  I pass him and he starts to
gain on me (I am still doing 60).  I notice that about a 1/4 mile ahead,
there is a slow moving car in my lane.  As soon as I turn my head to check
the other lane, I hear the surburban's engine downshift and start to roar.
The big prick, he is trying to block me in.  I downshift to third, and floor
it.  All I can say is that the surburban drops away, and I change lanes.
I get caught by a light, and guess who pulls up next to me:  The surburban.
By this time, I am shaking my head trying to guess what the hell this guy is
trying to do.  The light turns green, and the surburban goes for it.  I let
out the clutch slowly, and take my time.  I keep my front wheels about even
with his open window.  At this point, I am at about 4500rpm in first.  I
floor it, wheels dig in, and I am gone.  Shift to second, brrrrrrraaaapppp,
shift to third brrraaappppp, and I shift to fifth.  The surburban is way
back there.  I ease off and start cruising at about 60mph again.  The
surburban flys by me, honks, and then gives me the finger out his window.

I don't know, did he actually think he had a chance???

Anyways, it was fun playing with his big heavy car.  Man, I really love my VW.

Chris
'97 Jetta GLX, Black
Garrett chip, ver .10