Re: Yes, another group purchase - Optima Red Top

On Tue, 1 Sep 1998, Kevin Ng wrote:
> I know, I know, we all can't afford every mod in the world, but I'm tossing
> in another group purchase idea just to see if anyone's interested. I'm
> looking to get the Optima Red Top battery for my GLX. I think I found a
> place that will sell them for $110, possibly lower if it's a group purchase.
> Any takers, please email me privately. Folks, this is the best battery you
> can buy (and the last one you'll ever need to buy) on the market.
> Check out http:www.optimabatteries.com for more info.
>
> Kevin Ng
> 97 GLX Windsor Blue

Okay, Kevin, sell me on this battery.  Aside from being the last battery
I'll ever have to buy (and there're plenty of others which can make that
claim), will this puppy give me higher voltage at my plugs or otherwise
improve actual performance?  If the only advantage is the ability to add
1800 watts of amplifiers to blast a competition-grade stereo without
needing a second battery on the trunk, then I don't get it.  Why
*should* I buy this battery?

Bruce Stapley
98 blk/blk
Too-new-to-have-battery-problems-yet Edition