RE: Backseat armrest...

>Does anyone have any ideas how to make it a little stiffer? (Easy, Wally!)

Somebody suggested friction ... (eek. I'll shut up, now)

Seriously, though (oh, wait. You mean 'seriously?' Well, in that case ...
), check out the hinges. I haven't looked at mine at all (black leather
interior), but I'm fairly certain that there must be some way to make
those two hinges tighter - either by torqueing some bolts or maybe simply
by (carefully) spraying some kind of gunky substance into them. If not
that, then the Velcro idea, while very, um, un-classy, really wouldn't be
so bad. I mean, say you had any colour leather (black would be best, but
no big deal). You go out and buy a swathe of Velcro - like 3"x2" or some
rot. Cut it into an oval (so that it looks professional and nice and even
and ... well, stock). Then stick the fuzzy half to the armrest (so that
it won't scratch passengers' arms) and the hooked side to the seat back.
Viola. Violin? Voila! Should work fine, AND look stock (if you've cut the
Velco and positioned it in a neat, even manner). Hell, if you REALLY want
to get fancy, buy two plastic (or metal, if you prefer) snaps and use
those (maybe get the kind which has tape on its back rather than having
to affix the snaps THROUGH the leather). That would look cool, too,
especially with a pair of black plastic (or even painted-black) snaps on
black leather (or even beige leather). No big deal. Your armrest stays
down (as opposed to the semi-erect (egad) position), plus ... um ... plus
... er, plus it's got snaps. Eh? I need to get out more often.
-Tom of the '84 GLi and '95 GLX (with the fully-erect armrest)

         /|     -=Thomas J. Boyer<cyng@lamere.net>=-     |\
         \|      -=Tsaim Kurros<pen.mip.net 4000>=-      |/