Re: 1999 VW A4 Jetta GLX

From: Jason Chateau <chateau@aznet.net>
To: jettaglx@igtc.com <jettaglx@igtc.com>
Date: Wednesday, October 28, 1998 11:54 PM
Subject: Re: 1999 VW A4 Jetta GLX

>I just checked out the new A4 body style Jetta's today.  The
guy that
>was sent along with them told me to expect the base models to
show up in
>a month or so, and that the glx's would come along around june
or july.

That must be wrong. We'll have in Mexico the GLX in next month.
So, US must have them too.

>They look exactly like a shrunk passat.  All that they had were

I see the Jetta way different from the Passat. The passat has a
round front, the Jetta has a kind of a nose, a bit like a Dodge
Stratus (but not down to the floor, yuk!). The shape are alike,
but hey, both are Volkswagen..

I have the complete official list of new equipment. Climatronic
comes as standard, personalizable central locking system, rain
sensor, programmable electronic seat configuration system,
according to the remote key settings. Many other new gadgets are
included too, like 12 Volt outlet in the trunk, etc.. Just like
a BMW 328i.

VR6 is optional in the GLS model.

- Alex Kunstmann